·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Gauges are not working
-Low fuel/power steering is being displayed
-ABS light is on
- wont even turn over

I bought this car three weeks ago and the dealer has been working on it for the last two weeks (problem started 12 hours after bringing it home) Called chevy to make sure all recalls were done on the car (they were) what should I be looking for?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Big fuse in trunk.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The BCM

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Most times it's just corrosion on the connector contacts and doesn't need a dealer to clean them up.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Elecrical Problem Here Too

All gauges working, no warning lights in cluster, starts randomly. I had it scoped yesterday but tech stated there were no codes to be found. He also troubleshooted a few things but couldn't find the problem (Canadian Tire.) He told me to go to a dealer as it may be a theft deterrent problem (Not likely.) The car wouldn't start in a parking lot so I had a boost from Roadside Assistance Program (Car started.) Tech turned off ignition once in the bay and it started. Drove it home and this morning it won't start. Battery is fully charged so its not a battery thing. Would corrosion inside the fuse box cause a problem with intermittent starting? Any feed back will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
HMmmm!! Have you tried cleaning the boost post and all the eyelet terminals under it. One comes from the battery and the other goes to the starter. Take it apart and give the wire brush treatment and then put everything back together nice and tight. 10mm socket is all you need. You might want to disconnect battery first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.