Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 ss with 94k on, I've replace the cat and exhaust (both from zzp) and the car runs horrible. I get on the interstate and I have no power for about 20 miles. No 5th gear and barely 4th, all while the boost gauge stays within 3-5 lbs (never goes beyond 5 lbs even when the car runs fine) during that time. The car shudders really badly when driving and breaking, then all of a sudden, the car seems to figure itself out and it runs fine. I might add that I drain about an eighth to a quarter of a tank within those 20-30 miles. I've checked the spark plugs and all 4 seem to be fine. Solenoid bypass doesn't work either. The car also struggles at higher rpms and like it's starving.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I believe you mean Ecotec. Unless you’re talking about a Ford? I assume not though.

Anyways, by chance did you not get the car tuned after installing the parts?

Also is it the naturally aspirated 2.4 SS or the supercharged 2.0 SS? That might be helpful in determining you’re issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you mean Ecotec. Unless you’re talking about a Ford? I assume not though.

Also is it the naturally aspirated 2.4 SS or the supercharged 2.0 SS? That might be helpful in determining you’re issue.

Ah yes I didn't mean to put ecoboost, but yes it's an 06 ss/sc. I haven't had it tuned since I can't find anyone to do it. I'm considering ordering a new ecu. The issues were present before I changed out the cat and exhaust.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I know it is saying it’s running rich, but believe it or not sometimes a vacuum leak or seal leaking after the MAF sensor may give you a similar code, instead of a lean code. I really don’t have a ton of experience with this particular engine so there may be other things to look for as well. Bad brake boosters can cause vacuum leaks as well. And sometimes will cause the engine to run very poorly. Can get worse as the brakes are depressed due to opening the leak because of a broken diaphragm. Just something that comes to mine.

To check the booster, you can remove the vacuum hose from the booster to the engine. Then cap the nipple that the hose attaches to. At least that’ll eliminate a point for a vacuum leak if there is one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts