Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 ls 2.2 5 speed 2-door. Just read 2 engine codes P0128 (coolant low/thermostat) but temp always reads around 180? P0420(cat efficiency low-bank 1) is my cat bad or bad o2 sensor. Help?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
1st. you might need to flush your coolant and refill.
2nd you most likely need a new O2 sensor, bank 1 should be the one after the cat

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Cat code might be a glitch, the coolant one just top up your reservoir.

Now the two codes might be related if you have coolant seeping in your cumbustion chambers, keep an eye on it for a bad head gasket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cat code might be a glitch, the coolant one just top up your reservoir.

Now the two codes might be related if you have coolant seeping in your cumbustion chambers, keep an eye on it for a bad head gasket.
Whoa, are blown headgaskets common n these cars? I know my coolant reservoir looks dirty, haven't witnessed any water or condensation. Also it has a dc sports weld on muffler not cat-back. I also hear lil ringing n exhaust sometimes like something is loose. Idk. And does anyone know if the dealer emission warranty covers new ownership? Car only has 67k miles.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Blown head gasket aren't as common on the ecotec as let's say the old V6 series 3.1,3.4 3.8 but on some rare occasion this as happened. If your reservoir is dirty this could be a tell tale sign. Mine is as clean as day one.

O2 sensors will start to read all kinds of different codes when coolant starts to go by them in the exhaust.

Rear muffler should not affect warranty!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sarah should be able to answer that for you tomorrow. She is going to need your VIN# PMed. Here is what she is going to write.

"If you want me to look specifically into your vehicle, I’d be happy to! Just private message me your first/last name, VIN, and phone.

Thanks,
Sarah
GM Customer Service "

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
You're on to me, Coby7! ;)

Shealy06, the warranties follow the car regardless of ownership. If you would like the specific parameters on your vehicle I'll get you that if you would send me a PM with the last 8 digits of your VIN.
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried to pm.. but it said I needed more posts before I was allowed to pm someone besides admin... ? wtf? any other way I can get it to you? Id appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.