Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to the forumn. I have an 06. About 48000 miles. Very well taken care of. A few days ago it just started shutting off when making a corner from a light or stop sign. Or coming to a stop down a steep hill. I thought maybe a fuel filter cuz it happened after a low fuel run and refill. So I replaced that, But it is still doing it a few days later? I googled it and it appears to be happening to other cars but I haven't found any answers to why. No CEL. Seems to run fine otherwise????? Thx

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is your radio staying on when engine dies?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok just went out for a test drive. It's starting to do it even in a straight line. ( no corner or hill). This is only at slow speeds. Everything shuts down like a electrical shut down. The radio does go out as do all the dash lights and gauges. I checked the battery connections. All clean and tight. I think I may run it down and get it load tested just to eliminate that. ? I think this is getting dangerous to drive at this point.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check your boost post on the fuseblock to make sure it's tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went to advanced auto. They checked the condition of the battery. Was in excellent condition as was the charging system. They recommended cleaning maf and throttle body. So i bought the stuff I needed. Drove around for 20 min and the problem wasn't happening. So I cleaned them up anyway and checked all the connections at the fuse box and battery again. I guess it's a waiting game to see if the problems still there. But I will post again either way for everybody's future reference. Thx

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you touch the boost post at all? Because if it was just a tad loose and you moved it your problem will disappear for a while until corrsion sets in again.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why don't you just loosen it and screw it back on tight. This way you will have eliminated this possibility. The reason I'm saying this is because it happened to my daughter on her way to work when she turned right and hit a manhole cover at the same time the car died. When I got there the car was dead lifted the hood and found the boost post snug but I could undo it with my fingers. Snugged it up started the car and drove it home where I put the wrench to it. Never died again since and this happened last spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.