Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a issue with an engine swap and wiring swap I've done to my 06 cobalt. I had a do ar car which was a 2009 chevy cobalt and took every module (tcm, ecm, bcm, tdm, cluster, radio, radio receiver) and the entire car's wiring harness and I plugged every module and nothing happened. The engine didn't turn over, starter didn't activate, fuel pump didn't prime and also getting a low fuel light message with the guage saying my tank is empty even though there's half a tank of gas in my car. The car had an airbag deployed but I would assume the srs system would not effect the engine not cranking.

After that didn't work I went to a junk yard and got everything except the wiring harness from a 2009 pontiac g5 and had the same issue but now I don't have a check engine light. I swapped ecms and still no cel, then checked the fuse for the fuel pump and no voltage at all. And the relay gets voltage but only 10v when the key is in the on position. I'm really confused what I did wrong, I would expect it to be plug and play since I literally have every module and all the wiring.

I would like to add that I did check pins 6 and 14 on the obd2 port and I get 120ohms. The wiring in my car now is from the 2009 chevy cobalt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also thank you @1966tbird for your help so far!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

I now have communication with the ecm and tcm, there was a fault code but now it's gone. Also the cel is on, still no crank, fuel tank is being read and power steering module is not communicating. Guage cluster only shows theft light which goes away after the on position.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you do to get communication with the ecm and tcm? I'm having similar problems
I checked the OBD2 pins 6 and 14 and switched my volt meter to 200 ohms. Then I looked for any high speed Lan connections that were broken (basically a model not connected) by looking for 120 ohms. If you get 120 ohms there's either a failed module or a wire that's broken in the circuit. In my case I needed to plug in the abs module because on the wiring schematics the abs module is before the ecm and tcm so without that connection, they won't get any connection to the OBD2 port if that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts