MTX Terminator sealed box
MTX Terminator 600 watt rms amplifier

Performance:
Tsudo N-1 catback exhaust
Custom built Spectre SRI

Wheels/Tires:
17" Motegi Racing wheels
215/50/R17 Maxxis tires(worn out)
215/40/R17 Westlake SA-05 tires (buying next week)

Future Mods:
New tires (listed above as the 205/45/R17 tires
Window tint - 35% on front two windows and 5% on the rear windows
Lowering Springs - B&G S2 or Eibach Sportlines/ProKit
2 10" JL Audio W0 subs in ported box with 600 watt JL Audio amplifier
Paint stock headlights black
Front SS/LT bumper with fog lights
FE5 Shocks/struts
Front sway bar
K&N Typhoon SRI
Oil Catch can
6000k-8000k HID headlights

PICTURES:
(Sorry they aren't the best, our good camera broke so I'm down to my cell phone)

Day One^^^

OLD TRIM^^^

NEW TRIM^^^

Thanks for looking!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Diggin the wheels! I gotta say, I'm not 100% feeling your interior paint...

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was just the pictures...either way tho, good work!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank ya...not anywhere near as good as yours though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
**UPDATE 06/24/2011**

Just met with the guy I got my wheels from and he sold me 4 almost brand new tires and I traded my subs for them. So I should have them put on Monday and will have updated pics and finally get my wheels back on!! YAY!..anyways so I got rid of my subs and got new tires. That is all for now, and I will put up pics of the new tires now. They are Westlake SA-05, 215/40/R17 tires.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah I also painted these yesterday. Fuse box covers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took my wheels and new tires to the shop this morning. The very last tire had a small unfixable hole in the side wall but luckily it was early enough that the shop can order me a new tire and have it in tomorrow morning. Only $100

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so ive been dealing with a grinding noise in the front left wheel for a few days now. Just got the chance to take off the wheels and have a look. it seems that the calipers and grinding the rotors but that doesnt seem right so i started moving the whole assemble back and fourth and it moves a little bit around the lugs but not terribly..i think i might have a wheel bearing going out but it does this on both sides. now sure if everyone's does this but ill try and take a video and show you guys what im talking about. if so then ive got 2 wheel bearings to replace. also i check the insides of my wheels and tires and dont see any signs of rubbing or scraping the tires/wheels so i know thats not the problem.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^Correction, its the wheels.

Going to sell my wheels on Craigslist. Causing too many problems and id rather just get rid of them and not worry about them anymore. Apparently the rims and tires dont fit the car right and rub on the front 2 wheels. I don't know what is causing this but i put my stock wheels back on today and drove around for a while and nothing. no rubbing, grinding or anything. These wheels and tires have been a pain in my ass ever since i bought them and i regret even thinking about them. But hey, you gotta learn from your mistakes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah apparently the guy I bought them.from forgot to mention that. He said he had them on his cobalt coupe but guess he lied. Oh well ill sell them and spend the money on other things. Like springs and an intake.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
do you ever have any problems with that amp overheating? my buddy bought that MTX package and the amp always kept overheating so he replaced it for something bigger, btw love the exhaust still waiting on mine to come in

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you ever have any problems with that amp overheating? my buddy bought that MTX package and the amp always kept overheating so he replaced it for something bigger, btw love the exhaust still waiting on mine to come in
Thanks. Nope no problems. Only if I ran the subs for 3+ hours straight I had no problems. Tell him to turn his gain down and set some settings. His shouldn't be over heating like that. BTW I sold my set around a month ago, never looked back.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just bought some B&Gs for $200 shipped. The guy will ship them off today and should have them before too long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.