Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need an opinion. My boss/coworker found a great deal on a BMW 335i, and wants to let go of his Audi to buy it. He asked if I was interested. It's a bone stock manual Quattro with low mileage (80k kilometers). It has the Premium package and Convenience package, but no S-Line business. Only issue he claims is a leaking front caliper piston boot, so nothing major.

I didn't do any major research yet, only that I'd think about it. He'd be willing to let it go to me for $11k. Car is worth 13-15k for private sale.

It looks like this, only with a dark blue color:

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What is insurance like on one of those and mpg rating? No use buying something you can't afford to repair and drive....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Look into it a bit more. Audi's seem to be horrible for burning oil at about a liter in 1000km or less

·
Registered
922 Posts
There was a girl I used to work with that had an S4 and that car was pretty sick untill she wrecked it. I was kinda jealous.... I've heard the As are alright, and I seen a few that look really good, I just don't know a whole about them.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My buddy bought a 2009 a4 2.0t. It really wasn't any nicer than a regular car except for a couple neat things it did. Felt cramped and burned a liter of its 0w40 full synthetic oil every 300km. It got excellent fuel mileage though at about 800km to a tank

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Seems like a common issue with German cars. Always burning oil. Its a decent car but you will pay if anything brakes on her. Thats why I stray away from them at least until I know I could afford the costly replacement parts.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I priced parts for my friend. Nothing to bad. Labour is where it gets expensive

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Eww rotary

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Lol when I said nothing special I guess I should have said its nothing special but way nicer than a cobalt. If your kind of looking for a nicer car this will do it for you. Just do all your own work and be warned, these cars loves maintenance and if you neglect them they can get costly.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heh, I don't plan on ditching my car or the Cobalt community. Too many good memories to just let go of.

That being said, tech stuff frightens me. I've had Pontiacs since I could drive and I've learned to live so well without. If you start adding things like adaptive xenon lights, heated/memory seats, full power accessories, this and that, I just see Murphy's Law becoming more and more of a problem. Say what you want about my car, but she hasn't let me down yet. She takes my abuse and never complains. This car, well, I just see it falling apart.

That's how I feel about it right now, but I can always change my mind.

btw, the 6 CD changer is busted lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Heh, I don't plan on ditching my car or the Cobalt community. Too many good memories to just let go of.

That being said, tech stuff frightens me. I've had Pontiacs since I could drive and I've learned to live so well without. If you start adding things like adaptive xenon lights, heated/memory seats, full power accessories, this and that, I just see Murphy's Law becoming more and more of a problem. Say what you want about my car, but she hasn't let me down yet. She takes my abuse and never complains. This car, well, I just see it falling apart.

That's how I feel about it right now, but I can always change my mind.

btw, the 6 CD changer is busted lol
lol funny, I kicked mine off a cliff and ran like hell hahaha! :laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.