Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive asked a few ?'s on my new toy, sorry car & have gotten some decent feedback. On that note here's another one, 53k on her & was out driving 2day & all of a sudden i here a ding ! I look @ the dash & it went haywire for a quick second. Tack, speedometer, fuel & every message appeared in the message screen. Any ideas ? 2day was the first-time problem & it happened about 1/2 a dozen times but nothing was affected by this cluster spike. Any help or advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Shane G.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Your losing GMLan communications with the BCM, TCM and ECM. Try disconnecting the 2 blue connectors on the BCM and reconnecting to clean them a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try but i just had both of them & battery unhooked while i installed a new upstream o2 & performance maf sensor. The problem did occur after that do maybe one's not seated properly. I heard some models have had a reflash recall on the computer for updates, any ideas what models & yrs ?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You may also want to change the fuse in the upper left hand corner. It is called ECM/TCM but should be called GMLan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.