Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my gfs sons car and it was running and driving until he stripped off all the clutch face on one side of the clutch disc, it was still starting then, but would not motivate at all
so myself and a helper pull tranny out and replace clutch asembly, get it all together and this is what I am working with: no warning lights on cluster, except antitheft one is on, no crank, and of course wont start with no cranking..
my helper I believe hooked up the plugs into computer wrong and it blew the number 25 fuse inside on side of console, also pcm fuse in fusebox under hood
replaced those, test lighted all fuses in both boxes and 50 amp back by battery...all good..
oh yes also did the reprogramming of key by leving it on for 10 minutes, 5 seconds off, on for 10 mintes, off for 5 more, then on for 10 minutes more....no difference....
thanks all

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, update, i found another fuse blow in the bcm, replaced it, all ights on dash came on, it cranked up started, I ran it for about tirty seconds, then shut it off to see what codes it has, photographed them, cleared codes, went to start it and no crank....but now all lights are on on the cluster when you trun the key to run...
also all the grounds are good..first thing i checked....

· Registered
370 Posts
While all this was going on did you charge the battery? I ask because we suffered a dead cell and nothing computer controlled would work. Lights, horn, wipers, all analog stuff worked but the anti-theft did not release and it would not start. These cars want a solid 12 volts or they do strange things. How does one hook up connectors wrong? They are made to go together only the right way. Someone worked hard to defeat that................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts