Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will try to be as thorough as possible with my description. I blew a rod in my 06 engine and it shot through the block so I needed to do an engine swap. found a good deal on an 07 engine but didn't realize that the slight difference in the 07 engine thought it would be a simple swap but after the swap the car is not turning over.

I am using the harnessing wire from the old engine, i am using all of the 06 components, ICM /coil strip, crankshaft sensor. throttle body. I am at not sure what else could be causing this issue. Any guidance would be helpful if anyone has done this before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I will try to be as thorough as possible with my description. I blew a rod in my 06 engine and it shot through the block so I needed to do an engine swap. found a good deal on an 07 engine but didn't realize that the slight difference in the 07 engine thought it would be a simple swap but after the swap the car is not turning over.

I am using the harnessing wire from the old engine, i am using all of the 06 components, ICM /coil strip, crankshaft sensor. throttle body. I am at not sure what else could be causing this issue. Any guidance would be helpful if anyone has done this before.
Between 06 and 07 they changed everything. Sensors, cams, even the block

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should not have even been able to plug in the crankshaft position sensor. How did you? in 2007 the 2.2 Ecotec went to a reluctor or interrupt ring on crankshaft. So the sensor is now a 3 wire and without is communication to ECM, the fuel pump will not pressurize as well as many other issues.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Plus reluctor ring has a different number of teeth. So You'd have to swap the crank for it to work.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
RPO list in trunk under mat to the left of the spare tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.