Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Black Cobalt LT Coupe 5 Speed purchased on 6 October, 2007. Weekend/school driver Cobalt with 47k miles on it. So far, so good. No serious problems to report.

Brand New

MODS:

Engine:
GMPP Touring Cat-Back exhaust w/straight tip
GMPP Performance Intake

Exterior:
Tinted 32% all around (legal in GA)
3rd Gen projectors/CCFL halos w/LEDs (Quad Retrofit Morimoto Mini H1s built by Padlock)
Quad 6000K HIDs (bi-xenon lows)
Spyder LED outer tails w/tinted backups
Shorty Antenna
SS N/A bodykit

Interior:
Neon Pink door inserts
Ebony interior swap
Ebony leather SS Recaro seats (front/back) (will not say SS for long)

Wheels/Suspension:
Kyowa 518 black w/polished 18"x7.5" wheels and Nitto NeoGen 205/40-18 (front) and Toyo Proxes 215/35-18 (rear)
G2 painted calipers/drums (pink)
Eibach Sportlines (custom powder-coated neon pink by blazerlow)
FE5 struts

Electronics:
JVC KD-R820BT head unit
JBL Power Series speakers (6x9 and 6.5)
Alpine MRX-F30 300W 4-channel amp
Kenwood KAC1072 Amp w/P1 10" Rockford Fosgate Subs (x2)

Soon-to-Come:
M62 Supercharger Stage2 (2.9 pulley w/42# injectors)
-Piecing this kit together still. About halfway down the parts list so far.
KY Stage2 clutch kit (ordered)

**Update 1 March, 2014**

**Update 22 August, 2012

**Tail of the Dragon, 26 October, 2013

**Update 16 April, 2011

I will be adding more as I find time to update.

·
Registered
113 Posts
LoL need springs baaaddd. SSCs are a good one to consider too if you're already looking at sportlines.

Nice to see another black 5spd coupe.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Unlocked! Thank Plain Jane

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like how you kept the junkyard lettering on the lower control arm and strut. Yellow crayon blends in well with the pink.

I'm kidding of course, good job, wish guys were as daring.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, the bodyshop installed that on insurance after I got hit by a rogue tractor trailer wheel/tire coming off of a rig while driving down the highway. That was the FE1 struts anyway. It's sitting on FE5's now. :)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Thanks, Bronx!!! (and you too, Plain Jane)

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

updated OP with some extra photos! :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Why are you running staggered tires, quite a few of the pictures look like the front is sitting higher than the back (may just be those springs I guess). Not to mention then you can't rotate them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, they aren't intentionally staggered. I started out with 215/35 but found they are very problematic in the city. I had to have both driver side wheels repaired from large cracks after finding a pipe in a hole left by the city of Atlanta for me. The front tires were an experiment to determine if I could protect the wheels from the roads more while still staying relatively close to stock tire height. (205/40 doesn't really help all that much, FYI) My next set will be 225/45 all the way around, but I don't want to just waste these tires. Unfortunately, this car sees less than 8k/year (less than 10k in 2012/13 combined actually), so it is taking a long time to get my money's worth from them! Right now I have a supercharger project going, but tires will be next after that is completed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.