Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the other day my coolant indicater went --- and CEL popped on. When I got to work I checked code it was the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat and the CEL reset itself and the indicater read the temp again. Tonight on my way home from work the same thing happened! Anyone have any ideas where I should start to try and tackle this problem.

Thank you
EJ

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
I've had it happen a few different times - the first time it was fixed for a good while by replacing the coolant temp sensor...the second time it happened, I solved it by replacing the thermostat.

Might be the sensor, too.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
No problem - that one is quite a bit easier than the thermostat - and a lot less messy.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Try spray cleaning the connector first and wire brushing the tab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already replaced the thermostat. I am starting to think maybe my water pump or radiator is clogged. Doesn't seem like my coolant is being sucked out of overflow tank

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe an airlock. But you should still have a reading. Like I said try cleaning the tab on the coolant temperature sensor, if that doesn't work change the sensor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem ended up being an air bubble. I didn't burp the system properly. Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it. Is there an area in this forum where I can donate. You guys have helped me a few times in the past

Maybe an airlock. But you should still have a reading. Like I said try cleaning the tab on the coolant temperature sensor, if that doesn't work change the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.