Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Christian, I'm from Toronto , Canada

I have a manual transmission 2008 Cobalt LT.
The stock L61 engine blew , I now have 0 compression on my 1st and 4th cylinders.

The plan is to complete a SS swap with either the LNF or the LSJ.

Hoping to get information on what this would require exactly besides the engine and transmission of course.
Also I realize LSJ could be more reliable hence the supercharger and less components, while the turbo on the LNF produces more power...looking for opinions on both pros and cons.

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
The LNF is a damn solid engine as well. If I had the option between the two, I'd certainly choose the LNF - but the LSJ isn't a bad option by any means, and certainly would be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just remember lnf is direct injected so you would need to do the entire fuel system. Also need wiring harness and computer for whatever you choose along with a few other things as well. You would still need exhaust and an intercooler and charge pipes for the lnf also

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
You'd basically want to find yourself a wrecked but complete LNF to cannibalize for everything, really.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just remember lnf is direct injected so you would need to do the entire fuel system. Also need wiring harness and computer for whatever you choose along with a few other things as well. You would still need exhaust and an intercooler and charge pipes for the lnf also
Nothing another $2000 to $3000 might start to adress.

Dont forget you will also need to visit some one with a good programmer to marry all of your controlers and load a good configeration into the pcm or ecm for the engine you choose. I would bet 1-3hr for your local gm to try.

A relative low mileage LNF tagged in the side or rear can be found in the $1k-$2k range
Then you get the correct engine mounts, engine cradle matching pcm, bcm, radio, vcim, and most likely up graded sound system, axles to match the tranny, rear suspension, and upgraded front knuckles, and most likely ABS and the tranny, along with upgraded speedometer, SS seats & gear shift....all of this is different vs LS/LT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.