Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you haven't seen all the chatter on cobaltss.net...they test drove a bunch of 08 Cobalt SS/TCs in California and the SS/TC is now on the Chevy.com website with a sales date of April 7th. Starting price is $22K+.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea i have 3 friends that work at a chevy dealership near me and one works in the finance department and asked the owner of the dealership then they come in. He said early april.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i was at the dealer last week when they got all the info on it and i think the brembos will be an option.... but i am not 100% and i heard and thought they were going to start around 24-25..... but again i could be wrong.

but keep this in mind... when i bought my 2006 ss cobalt last fall... i blue booked it and it was worth $22,000 then and i just did it now and it is 21,000.... and that is used.... with under 5k miles on it though.... i really dont think they will sell the new TC for that low.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i think the Brembos will come standard if not then it is just plain stupid to not have them put on the car considering the balts are known to have warped rotors coming from the dealership

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the car on the website, but how do you know it starts at 22k? cuz that would be badass.
The price was in the write up on the testing of the SS/TCs -- base is $22,500. I didn't post it as a guess -- it's what I read. LSD is optional so expect a well equipped SS/TC to be much more. April release will be a 2-door, with a 4-door sedan in 2009 -- both are manual tranny only.

·
Registered
284 Posts
and its real convenient if you want your trans to hold up.....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thats not such a bad price for LSD at all

·
Registered
575 Posts
LSD is very important in a 260hp fwd car. I don't think I would buy one w/o LSD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.