Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Cobalt with appr 133K just threw P0128. Its 20 degrees outside.Will this code reset itself or must it be cleared? Opinion is that I did not allow it to warm up enough before I stared driving.
@Coby7 @MP81 @Parthros it normally doesnt get this cold in dallas

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I start my Cobalt and engage before the Xmas tree even clears and never had a problem. Thermostat failures happen even more in warm climate, it's just due for a little maintenance. It will clear itself after 3 start-ups if the problem doesn't persist but you can be sure you will need a thermostat change soon.

lol 20°F isn't cold in fact it's damn near toasty, It was -23°C ( -9°F ) yesterday morning here and Cobalt purred.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks Coby7
I did tell her about blocking off some of the radiator for a bit but to keep an very sharp eye on the temp.

BTW. This is the silver 08 LT that did the cross country late summer. "cigarette lighter fuse" and has the temp blend door shaft broken.
PS blend door coupling attachd via JBWeld. Waiting to mount cam & actuators and insert & JBWeld the machined AL adaptor into coupling.

·
Registered
949 Posts
It's currently in the single digit degrees here in OK, and I'm not having any thermostat problems with mine. I'm sure Coby's right about it being time for some maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.