Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the cobalt world. I have been a Subaru guy in an 05 WRX since I got my license, found it was time to move on to something different. I know mildly how to mod and work on my cars myself looking to learn some more as I go along. Only one picture so far.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Won't be as good in snow as a WRX but a Cobalt sounds like it's firing on all 4 and more comfortable. Oh yeah much better on gas. Welcome!

Also a lot cheaper to fix a rear wheel on a Cobalt, I mean a lot....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't be as good in snow as a WRX but a Cobalt sounds like it's firing on all 4 and more comfortable. Oh yeah much better on gas. Welcome!

Also a lot cheaper to fix a rear wheel on a Cobalt, I mean a lot....
Yeah I needed something a little better on gas and less expensive upkeep. After a few mods and tuning on my WRX was at nearly twice the price that this cost me. And as for the snow I have an older '98 Impreza L I will be using for those days I need to have a little fun, it also seconds as a rally-x car so I wil get some fun out without killing my DD.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it just me or are those hubcaps chrome??? gm never made them that way to my knowledge
They actually are. The individual that owned the car prior was a bit of a ricer. He had tints all around and smoked lights and such. It took a bit to bring her back to life. I have not decided what wheels I want to put on it yet. I have lots of research to do first. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nothing wrong with tint or smoked out look if done right in my book, most of the time it beats stock.
Don't get me wrong, with the color of my car I would love to have smoked lights and tinted windows. But it was done very poorly and cheaply hence the ricer comment. The lights were smoked with the plastic film and they did not stretch it right so it was bubbled in spots and half coming off. You nailed it by saying "if done right". If I end up doing it, I am going to find a set done in the correct manner or do some research to do it myself with paint. I feel it looks better and comes out neater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.