Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chevy Cobalt LS Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I have 09 LS sedan. I'll make this straight and to the point. I have no airflow coming out of my vents. I've checked fuses, relays, and voltages. All good on those. I've replaced blower motor, resistor and still nothing. I pulled out the AC Heater control panel and found what I believe to be the issue.
  1. What caused the wires and switch to melt?
  2. What's the name/part number of the parts that I need to replace?
    Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable Electronic device Electricity

Electronic component Computer hardware Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Audio equipment

Gas Electronic component Electrical wiring Machine Electrical supply

Would the old resistor cause this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks to me like there was some sort of overload.
I'd like to be able to help, but I have no idea what that connector is called or where to find them online. I feel, to replace that specific part you'd need to get a pin replacement tool and scavenge that connector from a junker.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy Cobalt LS Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to my local salvage yard and replaced the climate control panel for $35. I didn't splice a new wiring harness. That particular pin (orange) was getting 12v. I'm just not sure what caused the overload. There for a while before it stopped working, I was getting air blowing out on 2-4 and then only 4 was working, so I'm thinking the resistor was going bad and maybe that's what caused the overload?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Check the AC/Heater blower motor connectors and track the ground wire and junction wire.
These are known to overload the circuit, melt wires and do some rather nasty things. You can find the ground location in the images posted here on the forum.
there are also full write ups on the heater blower circuit by Coby7.
Enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts