Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 09 sedan used n realized has two diff headlights, one has amber surround the bulb turn signal and other side has clear surround an amber bulb. Which one is stock? Plan on switching them anyway even tho it isnt that notciable.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
it would be noticeable to me! lol but anyways the one with a amber bulb and no amber surrounding is stock. I know because mine has it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
There both stock. 05-06 Headlights the bulb is clear and there is a amber cover over the blinker. 07-10 the bulb is orange and the orange cover was removed IMO looks best. We sell replacment headlights painted unpainted with or without HIDs. PM us if you have any questions.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
07-10 the bulb is orange and the orange cover was removed IMO looks best.
But,but,but my 07 has amber lens covers, so does my neighbours 08. I think they went to amber bulb and clear lens in 09 or midway through 08 maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
and im glad they did =] not a big deal but i like it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
is the one without the amber reflector slightly tinted? might be from an ss and in that case i'd replace the other one with a ss light

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No both headlights are crystal clear, both reflectors are amber. Just funny to me it has wonky eyes. Lol. May have been in a wreck and one headlight replaced. Dk...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Bought one has amber surround the bulb turn signal and other side has clear surround an amber bulb. Which one is stock? QUOTE]

So are they different or the same according to your most recent statement?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

So yeah, driver side is diff from passenger side....

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
First pic didn't work. I dont see it on the second.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
your left signal light has the amber light with white reflector right?I can see it. They are both technically stock. Pick your favorite and get another one of those.

Sent from my PG86100

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
According to my documentation your driver side headlamp assembly(left) is the proper one for your car. The right one is from an older model.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Is everyone else seeing the first pic? cuz the second one looks esentially the same to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.