Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

MY 09 LT automatic (162,000+ miles) decided to act up again.

Today is started making a loud ticking/clicking noise and about 5 sec later the engine shut off..I still had power

I restarted the car and the same thing....i waited about 10 minutes and tried again..car started fine but then started "bucking and jumping" so I turned it off....about an hour later it started just fine with no noise and then shut off 5 sec later

*Just had the oil pressure light come on*

Any ideas or where to start?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like your timing chain jumped a cog.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Trussell,

I see you are getting great advice from the members. If you choose to have your GM dealership look into this concern, please let us know. You can private message us your name, VIN, address, phone number, and dealership so we can look into this further.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I might have found the issue...seams the oil plug washer fell off and caused the oil to spray out...went to check the filter and the filter was twisted and broken so I drained the oil and there wasnt any...thankfully the system worked and that is what was causing the car to shut off

Thanks for all the reply...hopefully it was just a $5 fix

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
09 with 162k dang.
let us know when you find the problem!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hope it didn't run dry of oil....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replacement plug didnt work

trying an oversize plug today....I guess the "safety" system kicked in and shut the engine off before any damage could be done

if the oversize plug doesnt work, then I will take it to the shop...hope oil pan isnt cracked

Sad part is, I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago with 30,002 miles...now its over 162,000 :)

It been a pain since I bought it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That didnt solve it....talked to the dealer and they think its the crankshaft seal causing it to look like the oil pan/ oil plug is leaking ...seems these failed a lot on the 08-09 engines

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.