Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cruze with its 1.4L turbocharged engine, I think is going to be quite nifty when improving the performance of the engine.. They say its anywhere between 120-140 HP with 148lb-ft of torque and that the Non Turbocharged 1.4 will have about 100 HP.

With having a 1.4 the Cruze is getting an amazing 40+MPG

So what do you think the gain will be when dropping in a larger turbo>?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The Cruze with its 1.4L turbocharged engine, I think is going to be quite nifty when improving the performance of the engine.. They say its anywhere between 120-140 HP with 148lb-ft of torque and that the Non Turbocharged 1.4 will have about 100 HP.

With having a 1.4 the Cruze is getting an amazing 40+MPG

So what do you think the gain will be when dropping in a larger turbo>?
A base model Cobalt...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It won't be about upgrading the turbo...it'll be about finding when the stock turbo begins to max out...and at what point you'll need a Front Mount Intercooler to help keep temps down and knock...and/or methanol injection or convert it to E85. There are lots of factors in turbo cars...but I know someone will be testing out the strength of the bottom end eventually...probably ZZPerformance first. I bet they put down 130 or so to the tire stock...and throw a turbo back on there with a tune and a way to cool it and turn up the boost...I don't see 200 FWHP out of the question with enough fueling.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
40mpg is EPA estimated - it'll likely get much higher than that.

And you get 40 calculated or on your DIC?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
You have before what - calculated it or saw it on the DIC?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
55mpg had to have been on the DIC...unless you're calculating wrong...:blink:

·
Registered
611 Posts
so is gm trying to compete with the honda fit now?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I really would not mind getting ahold of one of those just to see what can be gotten out of it. My 2010 average mpg with my balt is 43, and it's EPA overall is 30. I bet you can break 50 with that car easily.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
so is gm trying to compete with the honda fit now?
They'd have to remove the turbo from the 1.4 to do that. The Fit is possibly the slowest new car I've ever driven.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i read something about the N/A engine is 1.8, with like the same power as the 1.4 t/c... idk if that's right. but the interior shown in pics was pretty snazzy lookin.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Kyle I promise you I have gotten 55 mpg in my cobalt on the highway before. I can average 45 without even trying hard.
That's ridiculous. I just got 27 and was happy.

But is that calculated or on your DIC.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Using the tank, what?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.