Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I am disappointed with the number of times I've had mine in the shop (dealer) since I purchased it new in '05. The latest trip for an oil change, and some dent repair work (the dealer previously caused 4 tiny dents along the fender when they replaced my clutch) resulted in yet another Reduced Engine Power situation. As I left the dealer the car went into REP mode and died on the main road right in front of the dealer. LOL

This time the REP was apparently caused by a loose/broken wire in the wiring harness, which the dealer repaired for $325. How something like that could just happen on its own is beyond me, but the dealer never admitted that it could have been caused by their handy work.

Previous REP mode occurrences were triggered by a bad Barometric Pressure Sensor, apparently a mis-installed air filter, and various other sensors that the dealer replaced when I had by first catalytic converter issue.

I've had my catalytic replaced twice under warranty, and now with 110K I'm hearing some squeaking/chirping sounds that appear to be coming from the exhaust manifold. I asked the dealer to quote replacing it with the GMPP extruded honed manifold, but they quoted me $700. Based on some research I've done, I think I'm just going to buy a stock manifold for $100 and replace it myself. The GMPP part is $285 and I've heard that it is just the stock part slightly modified with a dremel. (Any advise on this would be appreciated.)

I guess as for the rest of this post I just needed to vent. I wish I didn't have to rely on the dealer so much, but it seems like I have no choice with this car.

Last thing...front suspension is clunking and rattling at low speeds. Sounds expensive.

·
Registered
872 Posts
thats some pretty bad luck man...sounds like u need to find a new dealer to take it to that wont keep messing up ur car...

mine is at around 108k right now, only had one issue with it so far, and that was a warped rotor which is my fault anyway lol

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.