Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally cleaned out my garage, and I can use it now. I spent 12 hrs detailing my balt. Wash, clay bar, wash again, Meiguires 3 step thing pre wax, polish, and wax. I also got my LSJ downpipe today but theres no way I was gonna install it after 12 hrs of detailing... :lol:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
thats cool you got a garage, and thats cool you cleaned your car, but why both of the together. that looks way to tight to clean a car in. Why didnt you just do it in your driveway?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
12 hours, holly f#$% man! thats dedication! :bigsmile: wish i had that kind of patience. it wouldnt do me any good anyway. its just going to rain tomorrow anyway. damn northwest.:laugh: nice job for sure! enjoy the new dp! (jealous)
-----Added 28 Mar 2009 at 01:53:01-----
thats cool you got a garage, and thats cool you cleaned your car, but why both of the together. that looks way to tight to clean a car in. Why didnt you just do it in your driveway?
because he had music in there. gonna need it for 12 hrs of work! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i'm sure you could leave the door open and crank the radio so you could hear it outside, that woulda been the easier way to do it!

and BTW, did you clean the inside of your car too? that should be part of detailing a car :toung:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i'm sure you could leave the door open and crank the radio so you could hear it outside, that woulda been the easier way to do it!

and BTW, did you clean the inside of your car too? that should be part of detailing a car :toung:
i just figured he had music because of the lap top pic.
and after 12 hours, i would assume he did the inside too. :bigsmile:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh because I just finally finished cleaning it out yesterday. And I did do it in my driveway but then it got dark out. The clay bar I did in the garage cause I didn't want direct sunlight on it while I was claying. The rewash, pre wax, and half of polishing was done outside. The pic of me using the red powerball is me finishing up the polishing. Here's a before pic of my garage only I didn't get one right before I started wish I did but it was a lot worse than this

12 hours, holly f#$% man! thats dedication! :bigsmile: wish i had that kind of patience. it wouldnt do me any good anyway. its just going to rain tomorrow anyway. damn northwest.:laugh: nice job for sure! enjoy the new dp! (jealous)
-----Added 28 Mar 2009 at 01:53:01-----

Yeah rained here good thing I can use the garage now :toung: And also I started to put music on but then I realized I'd never hear it cause I was using my phone for music since my laptop USB is broken and I can't transfer the music =/ So I didn't have any music at all wouldn't hear it anyway using those powerballs. So yes 12 hrs with out music lol. But it's ok I'm not a big music person.

A little but it's already clean so I didn't really need to

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lookin pretty sweet dude, i'm diggin it!

my car looks to crappy to detail right now, i'm gonna get a new hood and fender, then maybe paint it with a metal flake paint.......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very nice. I just did mine. When I went ot take pics, I found out that my camera lens had issues. I took it back to where I bought it and ordered another. I will have pics soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
best to do the detailing inside, i did it yesterday. Wash, claybar, 3 step meguires, interior and floormats all detailed... But it only took me about 5 hours. A rotary buffer with a bigger surface area then a powerball will cut your time down drastically, even the bigger one only has about a 4in surface.. anyhow good work, if I had the room in the garage I would have done it in their to.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a big 1 but my friend said it might burn the paint or something so i didnt wanna take the risk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.