Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a quick question regarding 12v Power sources. I have an underbody glow kit, a wheel well light kit, and a grille lighting kit. All the switches id like to put next to my shit knob. I know i can use the 12v source for the cigarette thing (forgot what its actually called) but what other ones should i use? i dont want to overload one source. Thanks guys, i appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The accessory outlet is fused at 20 amps. How much current do all your lights draw at once?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that i dont know off the top of my head, ill have to check when i get home this afternoon. another question would be, since we have open slots in the fuse box, could i just add a new fuse tap into one of the open slots and use that as a power source? sorry man, i know i ask a lot of questions

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Open slots don't always have power, but yes you can if there is power there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im assuming i can find out if they have power with a voltmeter?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Best way or test light.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thank you sir :)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Had neons on my old car. Use the stereo power source and ground actually. The neons all wired into a box and the control box had the power wires coming out of it just used the quick connects and bam. Good to go

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, would you happen to know off the top of your head which is the ignition fuse? i mean i can go look if i have to, im just curious if you guys happen to know off hand

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe the heater motor would be a good one if it only has power when car is running.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But that is always on I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.