Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

thanks in advance for offering your expertise. So I have a 2007 Cobalt, 2.2 LS coupe. Runs great, I have taken pretty good care of it so far. I want to try to keep it at least another 2 years, or up to 175,000 miles. I've done most of the common prev maintenance like spark plugs, fuel filter, shocks/struts, brakes, new tires, etc.

What other things should I look to replace before they break? Like the O2 sensor? Anything else that typically goes bad around 150k miles?

·
Registered
350 Posts
The flex-pipe at the exhaust manifold, rear springs break at the bottom, anti-sway bar end links get noisy, and the rear wheel bearing hubs. Have 186,000 on mine and haven't replaced my fuel filter or shock/struts yet. Just did the front brakes for the second time. Rear drum brakes are still original, but plan to change them soon. I expect to be at 200,000 by the middle of Summer sometime.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Heck yeah man! Cobalts sure are little troopers!

If you haven't changed out all your fluids (obviously oil, but also coolant & transmission fluid, etc.) that'd be a good thing to service. Then everything kcg795 already said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.