Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it lame if I just buy 15"s? I've wanted new rims for my car for a while now, and I'm not gona have cash for rims and tires any time soon... And my tires are fine. Plus, one of my wheels are bent, and I need to replace it. It helps me justify the rims.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Idk they look small to me, it just depends on what you want. if you like them then I would say do it, but i never would!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
idk if i'd call it "lame"
but i wouldnt do it, id save for AT LEAST 17s, BUT, thats just me, i also cant stand a big sidewall tire... haha... but yeah, i wouldnt call it "lame" if that's what you like & its practical for you, then go for it! :)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Everyone has their own style. As long as the wheels do not clash with your car, then 15's would be fine. I however would save up and when the tires need replaced, find a nice looking inexpensive wheel set and got to aleast 16's.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
it depends on the rims... some rims will look retarded in 15"s and some will look sick!!! i know you will HAVE to lower it for it to look good though..

·
Registered
821 Posts
wow.... some new slub is an @S$, didnt see that one comming

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
butt hurt?

15's are pretty cool but we have huge wheel wells man. you're gonna have a lot of wheel gap to deal with unless you pull fenders and stuff. ugh...I hate these..... not even gonna say

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just to give you a idea....these are the stock chevy 15's from the dealer on my car...I am selling them now since i bought some 17's

Turns out the 17's i bought aren't any bigger in term of diameter, all it is is more rim but less rubber....

·
Registered
403 Posts
i have 15s on my car it changed the look dramatically but i so wish i would have waited and got 18s so i say wait and go bigger but if you want to see the change look at my show off thread

·
Registered
248 Posts
would 20's fit????

my friend put some 20's on his scion tc and they fit fine, the rubber side wall is thin as "he- double hockey sticks" but they fit....the reason i said that is because this man who was selling rims said that you cant get them tooo big, he said it cant get any bigger then the stock TIRE diameter so if the rim gets bigger the tire must get smaller; if the rim gets smaller then the tire must get bigger...

is that true????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lame? No. On the plus side of things, 15" rims are: 1. cheaper, 2. the tires will be cheaper (check out prices of low profile rubber, yikes), 3. lighter (better fuel economy and acceleration), 4. better for winter driving if matched with a competent snow tire. The only drawbacks are appearance (a bright rim will look small on the car, but a dark-colored rim will tend to visually disappear) and handling (whatever that really means).

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 15's on my car. The only bad thing I can say about them is that they look a little small, and I still have a decent sized gap even with the car lowered. But I got the wheels plus tires for on a pretty decent deal, so I can't complain. I would say save up for some 17s though. You'll like them a lot better than 15s

·
Registered
462 Posts
Personally I hate 15s... too big of a tire sidewall = worse response... If you're going to go aftermarket, don't go anything smaller than 17s.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.