Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would prolly want to have a little bigger sidewall
to fill the gap a little

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you go too big it looks like your 4x4ing even worse though. why dont you wanna lower it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i know.
i love how everyone calls em 4x4s, but its true
and i dont want to lower it cus of all the mateinence stuff that comes with lowering
do you think 235/45/17 is too thick?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
going to a 235 is a bit much. if you go too wide its a pain to steer. plus, unless you have major traction issues theres not really any benefit to going that wide

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only benifit of going that wide to me is that i think a wider tire looks cool
but thats just me, i dont really car about the traction issue
I have seen people running a 225/45/17 and their gap is huge, idk

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
the tires in my sig pic are 215- 45-17 if you want more pics of those tires look in my garage or thru my show off thread.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ur car is awsome man
looks really clean, good choices.
I dont have a lot of money, enough to pay for lowering
but not the problems it causes
have u had anyproblems with the tenzos?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Ur car is awsome man
looks really clean, good choices.
I dont have a lot of money, enough to pay for lowering
but not the problems it causes
have u had anyproblems with the tenzos?
Thank you sir! :)

And i have had NO problems with my Tenzo's. I am at about 12,*** miles with them and zero issues [stock shocks and struts]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have an 05
do u think that would affect on the results i get with springs?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
well i have an 05
do u think that would affect on the results i get with springs?
Well eventually you are going to need new shocks/struts. Factory shocks/struts are not made to handle the different spring rate that lowering springs are. Foximus is just over 100,*** miles on stock shocks/struts and i think his are still Ok. A set of FE5 shock/struts are a good replacement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea thats what i heard how much are the fe5 shocks/sturts?
for 4.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
my balt with my old 17"s

205/40R 17''s they looked horrible along with the bent welded wheel...tookem off, lowering the balt today up at the shop =)

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
40 series is way too low of a profile. when you are looking at tires you really should look at the overall diameter of the tire and match it up as close as you can to the factory diameter of the original tires. like on my XFE i have stock steelies with 195/65/15 and the diameter of the tire is about 25" and it's 8" wide. so if I were to go with 205/50/17 those are the same diameter and width overall. or you could do a 225/45/17 and that has the same diameter but it is a wider tire. you can go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and they will give you all of the specs on the tires and it helps to figure out what you want. the main thing you want to match up is the overall diameter though so you don't mess up your speedometer.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

For example, USAMPDUFFY was running 205/40/17's on his which not only looks bad with the wheel gap but the overall diameter of the tire on those is only 23.5 inches. that is going to throw off the speedo for sure. The speedo will read higher than what the car is actually traveling because the wheels have to spin faster than the 25 inch ones would to make up for the cars actual speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.