Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Chevy Cobalt LS

Hi,
I know that the regular tire size for the 2008 Chevy Cobalt LS is 195/60 R15. But I have new tires of 195/65 R15.
Could I use the tires? Any experience?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I ran 195/65/15 tires almost the whole time I had my cobalt. Work fine, close up some wheel gap too

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
It'll work fine, just a 3.3% difference in diameter, so it'll read 2 mph faster at 60 mph.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
949 Posts
Actually, it'll read 2 MPH slower at 60, because of the larger diameter. So be sure to keep that in mind, or you could accidentally get a speeding ticket when you think you're going a reasonable speed.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Also, a nice side effect is that your car will count up miles a little bit slower. 100 actual miles will be more like 95 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have a set of TOYO Versado Noir 195/65-R15 tires that came on my 08 LS, the BC. I have chedked the speedo against 3 different GPSs (Garmin, Bad Elf, IPAD) and a chronometer (Seiko 7A38 ) and find my speedo matches all of them very well. In fact, it is close enough that I trust my speedo at all street leagle speeds.

Now every tire mfg's tire diameter are NOT the same for any given tire size. In other words, a Goodyear 195/65-R15 is NOT guarenteed to be the same outside diameter as a Firestone, BFGoodrige, or any other. While they all will match a given wheel size( 13,14,15,...).
This is why you want to run match sets (4) or at least match pairs on an axel.
PS there is a tire calibration setting that can be adjusted in the body control module (BCM).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.