Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats the max power rating on the 2.0 sc and turbo internals? also just wondering i've heard the 2.0 can only rev till 6.5k what is the defining factor that limits that? does it get valve float? 6500 just seems a little low compared to simular engines. thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
i believe redline is around 7200, no need tho, I think u stop makin power arouund 6500-7000

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Whats the max power rating on the 2.0 sc and turbo internals? also just wondering i've heard the 2.0 can only rev till 6.5k what is the defining factor that limits that? does it get valve float? 6500 just seems a little low compared to simular engines. thanks
I am not certain on the power rating, but the internals are good to rev to at least 8000. I have seen people with 7600 rev limiters. My rev limiter is set at 7100.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The lsj can rev to 7OOO safely on the stock valve train the pistons are good till about 300 and the rods and crank are forged from the factory so they can handle a lot I have a buddy that's pushing over 40000 on his lsj with a turbo swap with nothing more than a set of forged pistons

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.