Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no this question has probably been asked ALOT. But will the SS supercharger IM go onto the 2.2L ECO? I dont have one so i really wouldnt know this question is for a friend.
Thanks

·
Banned
161 Posts
please use the search button.

·
Registered
594 Posts
search and it will come.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you know which supercharger comes with the chevy cobalt you can look up it up under google,its the eaton m62 supercharger that can support the 2.0 or the 2.2 or the 2.4,but I believe you have to tune the ecu,most people are on here say just get the piggback.The only way I found out what kind of supercharger the cobalt ss has was from the google search.

·
Registered
561 Posts
For the general public, no it is not possible. Your ECU wont recognize the SC and you will be screwed. One person did it but he had all kinds of knowledge and support. YouTube it and you will see...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are all eaton m62 superchargers the same? I know you can get ahold of refurbished ones from different cars, but are they different lengths?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Are all eaton m62 superchargers the same? I know you can get ahold of refurbished ones from different cars, but are they different lengths?
it's best just to use the S/C kit that the cavy's use....same thing pretty much

·
Banned
161 Posts
For the general public, no it is not possible. Your ECU wont recognize the SC and you will be screwed. One person did it but he had all kinds of knowledge and support. YouTube it and you will see...
there area a couple people who have it done to there balts/ ions there is a guy who has a ion with a procharger on it and that bad boy runs great!

·
Registered
257 Posts
there area a couple people who have it done to there balts/ ions there is a guy who has a ion with a procharger on it and that bad boy runs great!
is that the 04 QC w/ no tune?

·
Registered
561 Posts
More people did it?....And on an Ion.....how the hell did I miss this...lol...I want to do it..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've seen Beck's, but his is a 2.4l. Just wanted to see if anything else would work cuz I'm poor...

·
Registered
46 Posts
it's best just to use the S/C kit that the cavy's use....same thing pretty much
That still costs $2.5k...

Yeah, nitrous would be nice, but I like the idea of actually having the horsepower all of the time. And I could see bent rods...

·
Registered
257 Posts
That still costs $2.5k...

Yeah, nitrous would be nice, but I like the idea of actually having the horsepower all of the time. And I could see bent rods...
our rods are good to 300hp...a 75shot w/ supporting mods wont hurt

·
Registered
46 Posts
our rods are good to 300hp...a 75shot w/ supporting mods wont hurt
The build book says they are good til 250hp. But I heard there was a test that GM did and they blew at 275hp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The build book says they are good til 250hp. But I heard there was a test that GM did and they blew at 275hp.
aw, you are correct 250...thank you for correcting me on that. even so i/h/e and a 75shot wont add up to 250. and as long as you have the switch set up to engage over 3k rpm and shut off at 6200rmp you'll be fine...there are plenty of cobalts doing it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
True... How long long will a tank of it last?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found this on NX's site...

The formula for calculating your nitrous usage is: 0.8 lbs N2O X 10 seconds = 100 horsepower. I.E. If your system is jetted for 100 horsepower it will use 0.8 lbs of nitrous for every 10 seconds of usage.

Just gotta figure out what that means, cuz it makes no sense to me...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.