Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so i bought a 2006 cobalt a few months back back with a blown head gasket. We went straight into fixing it and shaved the head and replaced all the seals. After starting we heard the engine knocking. Now we could go in there replace the crankshaft and connecting rods but im trying to avoid that. I would like to buy a loaded engine block instead and use my own cylinder head. Now for the question. My particular cars engine is extremely difficult to come by where i live. There is a junkyard selling an ecotec block that is loaded but i believe it is out of a cavalier if they are both 2.2 ecotecs are the parts interchangeable? Or would that swap not work. Again im looking to keep my cylinder head but replace the block with internals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My block pretty much just needs the internals replaced so id rebuild my own block with parts out of other cobalts those are easily ordered. My thing is i want a loaded block no modifications necessary so when its in my car everything will bolt on the same and work with my cylinder head just fine. Do you know if switching it out with the cavi's loaded block will be good as long as they are both ecotecs 2.2? This is my first car I'm pretty much learning about everything through this car so theres a lot i don't understand just yet like with the generations of these engines and difference between them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.