Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 2005 2.2 ecotec. We bought the catback system and got a header from ebay. When I recieved the header the bolt patterns was too large to bolt up. My question is Are there a difference in the 2.2 and the 2.0 or 2.4 exhaust manifolds? Had to reinstall the original manifold until i find a header. Hope someone can help. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i found that out. But they are giving my money back. Do you guys know a cheap place to get a header?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
My son has a 2005 2.2 ecotec. We bought the catback system and got a header from ebay. When I recieved the header the bolt patterns was too large to bolt up. My question is Are there a difference in the 2.2 and the 2.0 or 2.4 exhaust manifolds? Had to reinstall the original manifold until i find a header. Hope someone can help. Thanks
There is no difference in bolt patterns between engines. I would recommend getting the one from racing solution. Its only 200 bucks, yet GREAT quality! I have one myself. Just look in our vendor section.

·
Registered
298 Posts
GM Performance - no problems.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
There is no difference in bolt patterns between engines. I would recommend getting the one from racing solution. Its only 200 bucks, yet GREAT quality! I have one myself. Just look in our vendor section.
x2!
it should bolt right up, unless it was made for a 2.0 LNF.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hmmmmm. I say go for the gmpartsdirect.com and get the 2.0 header there. One guy I know like tighened it in a certian way to get it to go on right. I'm going to be putting a 2.0 on my 2.2 soon, if i ever get time, I'll let you know. I've seen it done many times, just FYI, if you get a down pipe, it wont fit an automatic.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you are looking for an inexpensive decent quality header than Pacesetter is a good way to go. If you are looking for a good inexpensive header go for the armor coated one. We keep these in stock.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you are looking for an inexpensive decent quality header than Pacesetter is a good way to go. If you are looking for a good inexpensive header go for the armor coated one. We keep these in stock.
What about an expensive one? What's the best header for the Cobalt 2.2?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Why is it a waste of money? I mean besides the fact of its just a ported SS/SC manifold.
exactly, its just that, a ported ss/sc exhaust manifold, its a waste to spend that much on it hahaha, porting the ss/sc exhaust really wont get you much if anything so either save your money and get a stock one from another member cheap, or buy a header

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.