Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I have a 2008 cobalt lt with a 2.2l in it. I have an intake on it now but I want to make it faster. Cuz ya know faster is better! Does anyone know if I have to upgrade any internals if I were to put a supercharger/turbo set up on it? And what all would I have to upgrade?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Internals will handle a supercharger but you might need upgrades for a high boost turbo.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I just want a stock/stage 1 super charger. But I don't know what all I had to upgrade as far as internals and whatever else.

I hate to sound like a d, but trade it in before you go any further for an ss. lol

an sc/tc upgrade will cost you thousands, than to add better suspension, wheels...etc. It's just not worth it IMO. Fully bolted brings the 2.2 to less than 180hp and even then its at least a thousand dollars plus in upgrades.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Don't worry, it won't bite you lol. It's the manual transmission from the SS SC/TC with the Limited Slip Diff option. It'll make you go faster and you'll get good practice with that extra pedal. After all, the best way to learn standard is to own a standard car. That's why I bought my G5 four years ago.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohh... Lol I'm not trying to do a transmission swap. Last thing I think I wanna but for my Balt is a supercharger kit. I just got her lowered and I'm cleaning up the inside and outside n I'll be satisfied:)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.