Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, would a GMPP touring cat-back with a Vibrant header/dp be too loud on a 2.2 cobalt? I tried looking it up but it seems that this set up are common in SS/SC.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Hey all, would a GMPP touring cat-back with a Vibrant header/dp be too loud on a 2.2 cobalt? I tried looking it up but it seems that this set up are common in SS/SC.

Thank you
depends on your opinion of loud. it will have a very deep tone, and be fairly loud at WOT. but would sound great IMO.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Any aftermarket full exhaust is going to be loud at WOT (wide open throttle) but for normal cruising speeds, you won't notice much difference between the catback alone and the full exhaust

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you are concerned with noise but still want a GMPP you can get the GMPP touring exhaust. The GMPP touring is quieter than the GMPP performance exhaust.

I had the performance exhaust on my 06 LS and at highway speeds (70+) it was too loud when going up a hill (engine under load).
I had the touring on my SS/NA and it did not make the same noise when at highway speeds and going up a hill. You could still hear the radio...LoL!

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you are concerned with noise but still want a GMPP you can get the GMPP touring exhaust. The GMPP touring is quieter than the GMPP performance exhaust.

I had the performance exhaust on my 06 LS and at highway speeds (70+) it was too loud when going up a hill (engine under load).
I had the touring on my SS/NA and it did not make the same noise when at highway speeds and going up a hill. You could still hear the radio...LoL!
i forgot about you havin gmpp... you'd hate my exhuast catless no resonator and 12' magnaflow race core muffler... mofo screams at ya at idle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have the GMPP touring (not installed) and it's indeed quieter than performance, as I was told, but if I install a header/dp with it I'm kinda worry that it might get too loud (loud as a subaru wrx with 3" straight pipe exhaust). I just want a quiet tone while cruising and during accelerating (cops tend to pull people over for that) but, will turn heads when I punch the gas..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
depends on your opinion of loud. it will have a very deep tone, and be fairly loud at WOT. but would sound great IMO.
So the throaty purr of touring will be out if I install it with the header/dp? I want a quieter tone while cruising (about 45-60mph) and also not too loud in accelerating, but enough WOT to turn heads when I punch the gas. Are this set up good for my expectation?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any aftermarket full exhaust is going to be loud at WOT (wide open throttle) but for normal cruising speeds, you won't notice much difference between the catback alone and the full exhaust
Thanks to you now I finally figured out what's "WOT" means :)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah many peoplw don't know the internet abbreviation lingo lol so I try to explain it out.

But like i said, especially with the touring exhaust. It will be pretty quiet unless your really getting on it.

I have a Corsa sport cat-back. When I installed the header and DP, there was very little difference in the exhaust note at cruising speeds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, as long as I won't be flooring the gas all the time I'll be good. Learned something today.. Thanks!!!

I'll order the header/dp on Saturday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.