Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have looked around and found the intake kit for my car but it said it hasent been tuned for 08 and up. and i have a 09 so i was wondering if it will fit onto my car

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't worry it will work
Are the old 2.4 ones better than the new 09 10 2.2 xfe ones? I read somewhere a while back they redid the 2.2 xfe ones and they could hold more mods and take more hp and some other stuff anyone else read that? I was a year ago I think but cant remember where. Just wandering cause I to was thinking about doing this but wanted to read that first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so like none of the bolts for the intake are different from 05 to 10 on the cobalts. cause i was alos try to find the throttle body from a 2.4 also

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
so like none of the bolts for the intake are different from 05 to 10 on the cobalts. cause i was alos try to find the throttle body from a 2.4 also
The throttle body connectors are different between the years; 06-07 2.4 has 6 pin connector -- the 08 2.4 (I think) has an 8 pin connector and it is located in a different position than the 06-07. they are not interchangable between the 06-07 and 08. If no one has installed a 2.4L TB on an 09 then you need to look into the wiring requirements...not to mention a tune in order to drive with a 2.4 TB on an 09 2.2.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Just to update you on this, Get an 08 Throttle body with a 06-07 Manifold, they will hook right up to your 08 or 09 sensors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.