Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I just recently installed my zzp supercharger kit and have everything running and the power difference is night and day (I will post it after everything is done and working lol) and my tensioner looks like it had a whole case of red bulls and is shaking like crazy, especially when the AC is on.

So my question is, can I run the lsj adjustable belt tensioner with the ZZP belt and the zzp alternator spacer and the zzp idler pulley? Thank you for any info, here's a sneak peak of the build so far 馃槈馃敟
Hood Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part

Say What again!
Fantastic work!

I think the ZZP kit uses a regular one-sided serpentine belt rather than the two-sided LSJ one, so that would likely pose somewhat of an issue. It's kind of an all or nothing thing - you'd need to swap to the LSJ idler (in place of the 2.2L tensioner), mount the alternator in the LSJ location (using the LSJ bracket), and then use the LSJ tensioner and cut a rib off the belt. I ended up using the oversized tensioner pulley as well.

Reactions: ZRJO

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic work!

I think the ZZP kit uses a regular one-sided serpentine belt rather than the two-sided LSJ one, so that would likely pose somewhat of an issue. It's kind of an all or nothing thing - you'd need to swap to the LSJ idler (in place of the 2.2L tensioner), mount the alternator in the LSJ location (using the LSJ bracket), and then use the LSJ tensioner and cut a rib off the belt. I ended up using the oversized tensioner pulley as well.
Thank you MP81, I actually did exactly what you said, but instead of using the oversized pulley, I switched to the zzp adjustable belt tensioner. And definitely fixed the belt slip now now I need to figure out what's going on with fueling and acceleration. ZZP basically abandoned me lol
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior

Say What again!
Good deal!

And that's odd...ZZP doesn't typically do that...especially if you purchased their tuning services...

Reactions: ZRJO

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal!

And that's odd...ZZP doesn't typically do that...especially if you purchased their tuning services...
Yeah I was hoping they didn't but it's been almost a week since they emailed me back unfortunately. They used to email me every day at least once. But now, nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts