Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that CrateEngine has this conversion kit. With cold air intake and exhaust mods, I am wondering if this would be a good swap? Will the performance be worth the price?

·
Registered
35 Posts
about 15whp with a tune, this hasnt been tested on 08s or 09 yet so becareful

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2007 LT. Mods to my car are GMPP Air Intake, Extrude Honed maifold, Performance CatBack Exhaust. I was looking to at the Jet Chip Stage 2 and this intake manifold. Maybe the Jet Chip first??

Also, where do I add my "MODS:" for the postings? Is it in my profile?? Yes, I am a newbie to this forum...
-----Added 6 Oct 2008 at 02:35:55-----
My apologies to 'gibsonj4'. I just read the very informative posts you have written. They are/will be very helpful. I should have read all the post before I asked my questions. I may be after the first of the year before I can get the 2.4 manifold. I want to get the Jet chip at the same time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My apologies to 'gibsonj4'. I just read the very informative posts you have written. They are/will be very helpful. I should have read all the post before I asked my questions. I may be after the first of the year before I can get the 2.4 manifold. I want to get the Jet chip at the same time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
conwaycobalt, with the mods you currently have you'd benefit from a 2.4 manifold. dont be surprised if you lose a tiny bit of torque in the low end. this will be because the 2.4 plenum is larger than the 2.2 so a minor loss of air velocity could occur. but with your mods, i wouldnt worry. you'd greatly benefit from a new downpipe with a high flow cat. you could go catless, but some dont like the sound. right now thats going to be your bottle neck. the stock cat is highly restrictive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a downpipe that would bolt between the GMPP manifold and the Catback that would fit properly with the GMPP parts?

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah, the gm parts are designed to fit like stock, and most of the downpipes for sale are designed to bolt stock. so basically any downpipe available for the 2.2, unless stated otherwise with the product.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the info. I am going to check it out tomorrow. My future mods list is growing!

·
Registered
192 Posts
yours and mine both. i have a HUGE list of all the work i want done. but im building mine to road race next season. so im doing every free mod possible, engine work, suspension, braking, oil cooling, overall cooling, blah blah blah. goal as of right now, 300 whp with enough traction to make it worthwhile while still on 12lbs of boost.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not going to do any "official" racing.
However, I do like to pass a few people on my way to and from work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is great advice.
Thank you.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
Keep me posted on yours as well.
I appreciate your help.
I will probably have some questions as I go.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey conway you should come to memphis and chill sometime i myself have an 06 2.2 and i have heard bad things about jet so you might want to stay away and go with a canned tune from trifecta or clear image

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I work in Little Rock. (about 2 1/2 hours away)
That might be a good road trip!
I spoke with a guy at JetChip.
They are supposed to have a new release on Cobalt compatible parts this February.
What did you hear that was bad?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i hadnt heard about them releasin a new one but from a few people that had it it fried there computer system in the car for one guy and another guy made his car not start a few people on .net have them some like them some dont i myself would prefer a tune though just my .02 cents

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you.
That is something to consider.
I will be doing a lot of research before that decision.
I need to wait until after the 2.4 conversion anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no problem man we are here to help ya now come to memphis lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've had my Stage 2 Jet Chip for almost two months now. Haven't had any problems so far. Unless actually feeling torque on the low end is a problem. Just sharing my experience.

2.4 manifold doesn't really add any power, just moves your powerband higher in the RPM range.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.