UPDATED SEPTEMBER 18, 2010

Name: 2.2balt
Car Info: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
Stock Options: XM, Leather, Pioneer, Sunroof, power stuff, chrome grill

Modifications:

Interior:
  • 2007 SS/SC 6-disk head unit
  • GM Accessory pedals
  • Custom iPod integration (I rewired the AUX port on a second 6-disk deck I have so it sits under the radio, then a cable runs from there to near the handbrake, then I have a Griffin AutoPilot charger/remote (has track and play/pause buttons on it) and the dock connector goes from the ciggy lighter by the handbrake under the console and up and into the arm rest. As far as I know no one has actually run anything into the arm rest. Works MINT)
  • Painted door trim pieces (gloss black)
Exterior:

• Painted trunk lock (gloss black)
  • Painted calipers/drums (gloss black)
  • Custom short antenna
  • Painted SS/SC headlights (gloss black, but hard to tell)
  • Chrome amber signal bulbs (look chrome when off, light up amber)
  • Pulled DRL fuse. I use the fog lights during the day as my DRLs as it looks more awesome with the black headlights
  • 17" Fast Encore rims wrapped in 215/45/R17 Nexen N3000 rubber
  • Polished valve cover
  • 22% tint all around
  • LED license plate bulb
Performance:

• GMPP intake
  • Removed intake resonator....but doesn't really help/hurt performance haha
Future plans:

• Maybe a catback
  • TC shocks/struts w/SSCs when warranty done
  • Rear sway bar (Powell or Eibach)
  • Maybe SC or TC aluminum control arms
  • Better tires (probably Yokohama S Drives
  • JP Vizage front lip
  • G5 GT rear lip
  • G5 GT/SS sideskirts
New pictures

*6disc deck. Notice the lack of an AUX...the 4 wires that connect it to the radio have been lengthened so it can sit outside and under the radio*

*Griffin AutoPilot charger/remote*

*The dock connector for the charger goes under the trim piece by the handbrake and up and into the arm rest. This was very difficult to do, there is a nice amount of metal structure for the damn thing...lol. That and I didn't have the right tools haha.*

*iPod connected, but off*

*How it all looks from overhead*

*At work*

*At home*

*The 'R7' is for my region in the Ontario Cobalt Club, and the Luxe banner is my work.*

Previous pictures

(*before any interior mods*)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't add anything really. It sounds nice, and looks good, but aside from slightly better throttle response, it doesn't do much. I still recommend it though. lol.

I need to get a picture of the interior as it sits now with the pedals, stitching, and whatever else haha

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Looks real good!!!

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
That's drive by wire for ya.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATED!!! Pictures on first page!!!

I had a couple hours to kill at work today so I decided to wash my car and clean up the inside a touch. Nothing more than a quick wash, vacuum, some Meguiars Rich Leather on the wheel/shifter/front seats/door inserts, and some Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner on the doors/dash/console.

I also took a few pictures of the inside to show the stuff I have done. There are also some pictures of how I have my iPod hooked up. Then when I got home I took a couple pictures before putting it in the garage *supposed to rain later...F THAT*. You can see how the lights look all the time (no DRLs).

Enjoy!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.