Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd finally create a showoff thread...
Bought her Feb. of 2010, and recently nicknamed her The Bolt.
Mods include:
K&N drop in filter
Airbox mod
colored interior gauges and radio/AC lights
painted interior door handles
rear headrest delete
debadged side GM emblems
painted bowties
colored bowties on hubcaps
cut front lip to match curve in the bumper
repainted steelies flat black
and of course the B&M Shift+ :bigsmile:
She's my baby.

So there she is...
Feel free to leave any questions or comments and let me know what ya think!

Thanks for lookin'!

UPDATED 12/10/10

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with ^^^ Window changes the look of the car! I have a Silver sedan like yours and I didn't have any tint on my car when I got it. I had 5% put on it and it looks a lot better, plus I like that ppl can't look in my car.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I wish I could go darker 35% is the darkest we can go legally.
Love the trim paint on the door handles, but just out of curiosity why did you go with blue for the trim paint and shifter letters but red for your interior lights? IMO (like it matters, you do what you want to your car) you should go all blue or red, that would look sick!

Also regardless of what tint you get for your windows you should also do your heads and tails as well! That makes a HUGE difference in the look of your car. And when you have 20 min of free time its super easy to pop off your trunk lock, give that a coat of paint as well...

Those are my 2 cents! Nice ride otherwise :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
im thinkin of doing 35% kuz i like to see at night and i dont wanna get pulled over. but its so expensive to get them tinted!
You would b supprised at what you can see out of at night. I have 5% all arround (Its illegal here in kentucky but no 1 cares) I can see pretty good at night...I had line-x do mine for $160 but it was worth it!

·
Registered
236 Posts
i had to remove my front two windows cause i got a fix-it-ticket for having 20% all around. i still got my backs tho might put some back on just lighter in front

·
Registered
236 Posts
lucky.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You would b supprised at what you can see out of at night. I have 5% all arround (Its illegal here in kentucky but no 1 cares) I can see pretty good at night...I had line-x do mine for $160 but it was worth it!
a buddy of mine has 15% in his and i dont like how dark it is. it looks sweet, but id rather be able to see more.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Love the trim paint on the door handles, but just out of curiosity why did you go with blue for the trim paint and shifter letters but red for your interior lights? IMO (like it matters, you do what you want to your car) you should go all blue or red, that would look sick!

Also regardless of what tint you get for your windows you should also do your heads and tails as well! That makes a HUGE difference in the look of your car. And when you have 20 min of free time its super easy to pop off your trunk lock, give that a coat of paint as well...
)
i did my tails about a month ago, not gonna do my headlights, thought about painting the trunk lock black, but after photoshopping it i thought it looked ugly.
as for the gauges, i like red gauges, but i wanna go with a blue stripe theme, so thats why it looks mismatched. lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.