Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 cobalt LS with the 2.0L ecotec non turbo. what kind engine mods can i do to it? can i turbo it? I didnt think about this stuff befor my friend itroduced me into the world of turbos and stuff like that. can somone please tell me if this motor is even worth turboing. or even if i could and what i would have to do. i cant find anything over the internet. i could only find the 2.2 turbo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i am confused. my car does not have a turbo or supercharger. and for somereason i thought i had a 2.0. so they didnt make a 2.0 non turbo? so then it has to be a 2.2L i know for sure its not a 2.4

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
yes then you have a 2.2. Technically the 05-07 2.0 aren't turbo'd but they have a supercharger so yeah but anyway if you are looking for engine mods I suggest an intake and exhaust to get you started

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
yeah i am confused. my car does not have a turbo or supercharger. and for somereason i thought i had a 2.0. so they didnt make a 2.0 non turbo? so then it has to be a 2.2L i know for sure its not a 2.4
Pop your hood. On the under side of the hood there is a label/tag. It will tell you what you have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you for fixing the title. and can somone post a site that i can get parts for it? also is my car even worth turboing or spending the money on

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
there a better places to get it, this was just the first to pop up on google.

FAB-WORX

expect to spend at least 2k for the turbo setup, not including a full exhaust

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wtf, if you don't even know you're engine displacement- then how the hell do you expect to load $1500-3000 into engine mods (which take a lot of research and work on your part) when you don't know what your doing!?

You couldn't find anything on the internet? Bull, you were too lazy to find anything.. In fact, theres a damn sticky for turbo builds in the section directly above this thread. The fact that you don't even know what you drive speaks for itself.

Call me harsh, but this is just sad.. I just hope your under 18 :blink:, and even then the future looks bleak.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Wtf, if you don't even know you're engine displacement- then how the hell do you expect to load $1500-3000 into engine mods (which take a lot of research and work on your part) when you don't know what your doing!?

You couldn't find anything on the internet? Bull, you were too lazy to find anything.. In fact, theres a damn sticky for turbo builds in the section directly above this thread. The fact that you don't even know what you drive speaks for itself.

Call me harsh, but this is just sad.. I just hope your under 18 :blink:, and even then the future looks bleak.
Be nice to the newbies.

And his profile says 22

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Be nice to the newbies.

And his profile says 22
Being new is one thing, everyone goes through it.. I'm not acting like some stuck up know it all.. This dude is just oblivious to the wealth of information already available.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.