Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
You could get the sleeves bored out to 86.5. Or contact them and switch to 86mm pistons. Im on a 252 as stated. I made 350whp on 12psi so I dont think you need to run much more than that. Please tell me you are building the motor outside of the car?

·
Registered
675 Posts
thats weird that they would say it fits all the models if they dont lol, ill have to call them then. oh wow, yeah id like to make 400 but then again only if i can do it reliably. as opposed to building it inside the car? lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
ahhh i gotchu, sorry this is all new to me to im learning along the way. how much do you think boring it usually runs?

·
Registered
675 Posts
oh alright, i just sent them an email since theres no phone number asking them to change my order from 86.5 to 86. was that the right head gasket i posted earlier? lol better ask before i buy the wrong one...again

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Contact Mr.B on CSS for a quote on a sleeved block, if you're going to build it you might as well get it done right.

I think I've figured out what I'm going to do, run it stock engine for a year (possibly swap the LE5 sooner so I can turn up the boost a little), with a 06 LE5 as my backup motor in case it pops (easily holds 300 WHP and the record on the stock block is 406 WHP), switch them while building the 2.2 I have and when built turn up the boost the rest of the way. Will have a built LSD 4.41 F23 with KY stage 3 clutch(still deciding if I want the 4.41 or a slightly lower gear set).

·
Registered
675 Posts
alright cool man, thanks!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I've met Jeff in person and he's a good guy, I wouldn't have an issue building my engine myself though after just getting it sleeved and sending the head, valve springs and valves out to LSJION.

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
touche...now i feel like an idiot lol

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

still havin a hard time finding the 86mm head gasket -_- they all seem to be 87mm or 89mm and all say for the 2.2L. am i just retarded and cant find the right on

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Feel like or you are?

I kid, I kid

Kinda surprised no one called me out on being able to swap the LE5 and LAP on 09-10.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Feel like or you are?

I kid, I kid

Kinda surprised no one called me out on being able to swap the LE5 and LAP on 09-10.
haha probably a bit of both. lol i dont know much about that so iwouldnt be callin you out

·
Registered
675 Posts
ahh so 87mm good?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sleeve boring is usually about $30 per cylinder depending on the shop , but there is prep work and cleaning work that needs done too.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts