Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 LT Cobalt with 2.2L engine that was overheated. The mechanic replaced it with a 2.4L engine. He said he used the 2.2 manifolds on the replacement engine. It ran unevenly until I unplugged the varible valve sensors. That appeared to take care of most of the problem except it is now hard to start. Is there a way to make this 2.4 engine work properly in this car; such as changing the head or the electronic engine controls? The dealership said this engine would not work.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
well according to zoomer at ZZP the bottom end of a 2.4 works on most 2.2's or something like that. But in this case I think the guy/mechanic you dealt with didn't know what the hell he was doing. I would definitely take it back and tell them to fix that shiiiit

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

and I'm PRETTTTY sure you need a retune to run a 2.4 engine unless you also swapped the ECU's....and even then....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Most likely it is still running the tune for the LAP, so it isn't running correctly because of the extra .2l of displacement. Use the LE5 manifold and have Trifecta retune the thing to work properly (Of if you're going to take it back, insist on them getting a custom tune to correct it, as well as using the LE5 mani.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.