Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my 2.4 intake manifold I bought a week or two ago. I'm selling it because I will not be able to get around to install it for a while and I'm trying to rally up some cash for a vacation I'm taking next week.

I'm asking 130 shipped, but am open to offers or even trades (there's not much I'm looking for at the moment, but you never know)

This is the manifold and gaskets only. It is NOT the whole kit. You will have to contact create engine depot for the rest of the parts (~$50 shipped). You'll still come out way under retail and I will help you anyway I can.

I can give you the person to contact as well as the exact parts you'll need to ask for.

·
Registered
317 Posts
dibs

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright it is just going to be the manifold and gaskets but I can lead you to the rest of the parts. You'll still come out $70 or more under the retail of this kit. PM me if you're really interested and we can discuss details.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What else do I need to install for it

·
Registered
611 Posts
I needed one of these a month ago...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you cant get around to installing it? it takes 10 minutes at most lol
for me, it'd be a couple hours. (it took me and a buddy an hour to put on my SRI) plus after realizing this doesn't go along with the exhaust exemption of mpg+hp gains...I lost interest. I'd like the HP gains but by looking at the dyno, I'd only see gains at 6500+rpm or at ~3k...my auto accelerates at WOT at ~4500 so I'd actually see a loss in HP and torque.

If I dont sell, I'll put it on when I get back from vacation in a couple weeks. no big deal, it'll still be fun. I just figure maybe someone else is more excited than I to get it on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pm me with what all else id have to buy, will my throttle body on my 09 2.2 bolt on? Or is what is from crate engine depot what makes it able to?

·
Registered
745 Posts
seriously you take your intake box off, or cai, your 3 thorttle body bolts, take your intake bolts off, and put your 2.4 manifold in. you gotta think though, the intake only making power in the upper end because it sucks more air in faster at top end, you need the rest of your bolt-ons mainly a 4-2-1 header (made for low end up power), then you have low end power making hp til you reach 4500rpm, then your making more hp with your intake (high end). know what im saying? with full bolt ons and no tune, youll only make about 170hp. you need internals to make things happen faster, or atleast a tune.

·
Registered
92 Posts
still for sale?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.