Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done this on a '08-'09? I found the kit thru Crate Engine Depot but shows no info past 2005. Will it still work for my 2009 2.2L? Does it really work?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yes it will still work for you. I personally don't have it yet, but its next on my list. From what i hear its one of the best mods you can do for your top end!

·
Registered
94 Posts
2.4l Mani swap

FYI - you need to do all the other engine mods prior to this one (i.e. CAI and exhaust), and expect to lose some bottom end accel...

However, once you have it done, you WILL notice an increase in power from 4K rpm's to redline...(^8

·
Registered
56 Posts
from what i have read the 09 lap with vvt it is a pointless mod to put the 2.4 intake on since the 09 uses the 2.4 style intake. they arent exactly the same, but very close.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
from what i have read the 09 lap with vvt it is a pointless mod to put the 2.4 intake on since the 09 uses the 2.4 style intake. they arent exactly the same, but very close.
You are correct...the 2.2 LAP intake has larger runners then the 2.2 L61. Very similar to the 08 2.4 intake if not the same -- I'll have to look it up again. The plenum is smaller than the 2.4 though. The 06/07 2.4 intake is the largest of all the ecotech NA intake manifolds.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.