Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2.4 Throttle body and intake manifold on with a tune shortly after, and it SCREAMS! :nuts:

I have heard that you would have some low end torque loss, but it honestly feels stronger in the low rpm! I don't have to press the gas near as much to get the same effect! But when i get into the higher RPM's It really gets moving!

I also got my rev limiter bumped up to 7100 to take advantage of that top end! And the sound at 7100.. SEX! :bigsmile:

I would get some vids, but i don't have a video camera.. I'll try to borrow one.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
then how did he get the 2.4 to work on a 2.2
06 2.4 TB fits on the 06 2.2 engine with the 2.4 manifold. The connector is the same 8 pin. I tried a 2.4 TB (which is why I still have one) on my 06, but without a tune it wouldn't work. Back in 06 there was no tuning available.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sick OBZ! I have my 2.4 TB in the mail at the moment and I hope I don't need a new tune since I was already tuned with the 2.4 intake manifold and other mods. Did you have to get a new gasket for the TB because I can't find one anywhere?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sick OBZ! I have my 2.4 TB in the mail at the moment and I hope I don't need a new tune since I was already tuned with the 2.4 intake manifold and other mods. Did you have to get a new gasket for the TB because I can't find one anywhere?
You will need a tune. otherwise you will go into limp mode. And yes you do need a new TB gasket. here is the Part # 12600729.
Congrats on the full bolted achievement! lol

Thats sick man.
Thanks bro! I still have some tweaking to do on the tune, but even now its running great!

sweet bro, glad to hear it went smooth!
when you going back to the track? :bigsmile:
I actually went last night. I only ran a 16 flat, but it was like 85 degrees and the tune is not done yet. there is a test and tune on 9/9. I'll be fully tuned by then so we'll se what i can run.

On a side note i ran a SS/SC last night and won! only because i got a better launch though :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I actually went last night. I only ran a 16 flat, but it was like 85 degrees and the tune is not done yet. there is a test and tune on 9/9. I'll be fully tuned by then so we'll se what i can run.

On a side note i ran a SS/SC last night and won! only because i got a better launch though :bigsmile:
cool. ive seen your rt, and 60. im not THAT surprised.
someone else needs a driver mod though! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.