Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2007 LT and it didnt come with a manual....google isnt helping so im hoping you all can

1- is there a way to unlock the door with my key without setting off my alarm?

2- how do i reset my trip miles

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Trip miles, as long as it is the same as my LS. Get to the trip and there should be a button on the steering wheel that looks like a line going down and left with an arrow at the end. Hold that button down until it is reset.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
GM Owners Center - GM

Sign up for an account and add your car. You will then have access to a PDF version of your manual and quick user guide.

Anyways, as far as #1, the only way to avoid the alarm going off is to manually use the door strikers to lock the car instead of hitting the power lock button or using the keyfob. If you have power locks, you should have received a keyfob with the car. If not, you can buy one on eBay and have the dealership program it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a key-fob but I only have 1. Thing is I might lock my key in my car some day or maybe the key-fob batteries will die and I will have to use the manual way of opening my locked door and I dont wanna look like a jackass with ym alarm going off. I cant believe theres no way to open it through the lock without setting the alarm off.

and thanks for the link to GM ill sign up there...I was sorta mad when I realized my car didnt have the manual. I mean where did it go lol? Every person I know keeps there manuals in there glove box, this A-Hole must have kept it as a keepsake lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If the previous owner boughtit used, the manual probably was not there. Some dealers will take the manuals out of the cars during detailing, another way to make a buck later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i didnt get manual either so i bought a hanyes one or whatever their called.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.