Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
we bought for my daughter a 2006 cobalt sport 4door.
the car had some little issues so we got it pretty cheap.
right now i am a little bit fighting with the power locks. when you sit inside the car, and push the lock or unlock button on either the driver or passenger door, you hear it clicking but nothing unlocks or locks.
i have the suspicion that it might be the driver side lock but i am not 100% sure, and i just don't wanna throw parts into it. cause my daughter is buying the parts.
second problem what i have is with the subwoofer. the subwoofer is not working. i am thinking that there must be somewhere an amp for the subwoofer, but i can't find it. maybe someone can help me with that too?

to my background, i am a master mechanic with 20 years experience.
thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Amplifier is near the steering column and has a separate fuse from the radio. Do the door locks work with the remote or when you put it in drive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will test the amp tonight, I don't have a remote. I also don't think it locked when I put it in drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok tested it yesterday, it will klick when i put it in drive and also klicks when i put it back in park.
but the knobs does not move and os the doors do not unlock or lock.
other question, how do i get the amp out of the bracket, is there a special trick??

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The signal going to the door lock actuator comes from the BCM. You might have dirty contacts preventing could voltage to reach the doors. Try re-seating the 2 blue connectors on the BCM ''P1''.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will try this tonight, thank you so fare! any idears with the amp? how is it mouted? i saw three slots but almost impossible to get the upper screw out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I took yesterday both connectors off and put them back into the controller, nothing. no change. I also disconnected first the passenger side (the door lock switch) and the driver side. also no result.
still everything is clicking when you press the switch or when you put it in park/drive. it almost seems like that the rods are sticking but I have almost all panels off so they can't stick.
anybody else other ideas??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.