Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a shift boot to my automatic and put LEDs in the cupholder...here's some pics...mind u it'll look better at night than during the day (when I took the pic) Let me know what u think \m/

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, had to buy another drill and charge the battery that came with it, the old battery won't fit in the new drill or in the new charger

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Any night shots of the leds?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
looks good, now you just need to wire tap the powersource into the backside of the cig lighter that way you can still use the 12v power source, and not have the cig lighter used up...lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did it today so there's no night shot yet...I tapped into my neon light under the steering column, thats what that plug u see is for, that way I can put the neon and LEDs on at the same time when I want...I want to see it at night as well especially with cups in the cupholder

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it'll have 3 holes where I had the LEDs

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

btw the LEDs aren't sticking out like it looks like in the pics, they are flush with the liner, its the "glare" from the lights making it look like they're bubbling out

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will tonight when I go to my girlfriend's...I haven't seen anybody on here do it so I thought I'd give it a try, got the idea from Ford...can't believe I said that..eww..Ford

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know they have that as a stock option on the scions... Cool idea and I am glad I saw it on a cobalt on here... Kudos to you for being the first I have seen so far.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you...in retrospect I kinda wish I hadn't put the one thats all by itself, should only have done the 2 on the bottom, but oh well

·
Registered
931 Posts
You should post a d.i.y. It would probably be beneficial to others that want to try. How much did the lights run you and where did you get them?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks Finn...I bought the lights (set of 4 with wires) for $15 at Canadian Tire...it was really simple to do...the whole cupholder pops out..I drilled a hole thru the plastic and thru the rubber..popped the lights in it..took the wire and plug from my neon light,cut a piece of the wire cover off of the wires for it and spliced the wires from the LEDs into it and put it all together

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I was gonna take pics as I was doing it but thought naw, no one would want to do it to their's

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I kinda hope someone else will do it too...it'll actually make me feel better lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Looks good but ut doesn't look flush. The light is shining right around the led. Yo should tap into the fuse box with an add-a-fuse so like that you won't have an ugly plug sticking out. Make it look clean. But good work tho

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is flush, the glare from the light makes it look like its bubbling out...and the plug has been there since the day after I bought my car, its for my neon light under my steering column...so since its always there anyway, I tapped into it to run the LEDs too

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.