Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn here. I have 2 sets of lowering springs and I am deciding on which set to install on my sedan and what set to sell.

First set is B&G Lowering springs. Brand new still in the box

The second set is Sportlines. Were used for about a week on a friends car and then went to coilovers.

If you had the choice what set would you install and why? I am looking to install a set on Sunday at a friends house. I heard both have the same drop on them techically but the BnG springs seam to be the lowest.

Also any tips on installing them. I already know there is a diy thread but its my first time installing anything suspension related on any car and dont want to **** anything up

·
Registered
446 Posts
From what I've read sportlines give a good drop and perform better than the B&G, but B&G should give you a much lower drop. It just depends on what you want.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
If I recall correctly, B&G, Eibach, Dropzone, Tien and KSport, all have virtually the same spring rate with the coil winding for drop being the only major factor that is different. They all have coil bind. The B&G's to seem to drop the car a slight bit lower but even Blaze cut a coil off, just like XFE and I did on our Tiens and KSports. because of slight reverse rake. If you want a spring with moderate drop and no coil bind go with Pedders, they only give a 1.5 front and 1.6 rear drop, but from the research and forum remarks on many different sites, these seem to be the best when combined with other highend suspension components. But they are more expensive and if you are just looking for a drop IMO all the other progressive rate springs are the same with the only difference being the drop.

·
Registered
435 Posts
B&G's in the rear, Sportlines for the front. Sell the other mismatch to a non YC/G5club/SS.net Cobalt owner who think it's typicle lowering springs he won't know the difference.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B&G's in the rear, Sportlines for the front. Sell the other mismatch to a non YC/G5club/SS.net Cobalt owner who think it's typicle lowering springs he won't know the difference.
Would the two mixmatched ones even make a difference? I dont think so imo.

I am really just looking for drop. And I already have these two sets. I was just wondering if there was much of a difference at all between the two brands. Also would it be kool to install the springs without upgrading the rest of the suspension for now. The shocks have low miles still so I dont think I will blow any out or anything.

Does anyone have a pic of their sedan sitting on either set?

Whichever ones I dont use will be for sale eventually too...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i would put the sportlines in the rear and b&g in the front
only because alot of cars on B&G's look sagged in the rear compaired to the front with B&G's

i have sportlines and i love the drop it gives.
when i have my 18s on i have like a little bit of gap. enough to make me satisfied.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of their sedan sitting on either set?
idk if this helps, this is the only shot i have,
this is my friends silver sedan on sportlines, before he dropped it on megan coilovers

compared to my stock height
if you can see it lol

I say sportlines because its a nice even drop. B&Gs sag in the rear. unless you want to cut the front a little like others did..
yeah unless you want a rake, go with sportlines, id say
if you want low, go with B&Gs

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Seams like the sportlines are the better quality and more of an even drop?
even yes, thats what i keep reading too

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys. But maybe dumb question what is "rake"? I know what it is on a bike but not sure of the term on a car...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. But maybe dumb question what is "rake"? I know what it is on a bike but not sure of the term on a car...
rake= like a slant, not even
for a car it would be one side (front or back) is higher/lower than the other

i think lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man. Does anyone have a shot of a balt from the side with Sportlines on? I am thinking I am going to use them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am thinking about installing my Sportlines on Monday. I also have a new set of BnG's too so I am just trying to figure out which ones I am going with. Probrably the Sportlines.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
the B&G springs don't sag on sedans, only on coupes a bit, from what I've seen. Also the B&G's perform great, I think quality of both is pretty damn close. I would say B&G because the drop is just sick. I have them and I love them! might cut a coil off the front to even it out since I have a coupe, but haven't decided yet.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.