Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MY bro just bought a 2006 cobalt SS S/C with 200,000km on it (got a helluva deal), everything that I can see appears to be in tip top shape, its passed safety and etest... stock everything (Except intake/lowered springs)

clutch bites well, no slip at all, but what are some things you guys would do/change out at this many KM? The serpentine belt looks good, and the interior looks like it's never even been sat in lol. The brakes were all recently done.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Only worry if you have noise upon start-up. And yes tons of threads on the subject. lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Nice to see he got the cobalt. Was it the one with the cracked windshield? Also how did you convert him from that crappy mustang to the ss/sc?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Nice to see he got the cobalt. Was it the one with the cracked windshield? Also how did you convert him from that crappy mustang to the ss/sc?
whoa whoa whoa calm down there old sport. no need to talk ill of one of the most iconic vehicles of all time.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It was a late 90's GT and it would be awful on gas and doesn't have much power. Only positive I'd say is it would have RWD but at the same time he lives in Canada so that is a negative too.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Rwd is a plus on a wicked car

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The new mustangs are nice but their ST needs a real LSD and those new escapes look like shit from behind.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah he originally wanted a '94 mustang GT but he quickly ran when I told him the gas mileage and that the SS S/C pretty much makes the same power lol. I dont LOVE mustangs of that era, but I dont HATE them(V8's that is) but yeah lets not dwell on ford vs GM... frankly I support anything Domestic these days.

Oh and yes it is the one with the cracked windshield, but the guy took $300 off for us so we could get it fixed, seller was pretty cool, knew tons about cobalts and actually teared up saying by to the car lmao! his Fiance was bitchy and was the reason he was selling it, she was yelling at "omg its just a stupid car!" lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Oh I only said that ford vs gm stuff to screw with money man.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
his Fiance was bitchy and was the reason he was selling it, she was yelling at "omg its just a stupid car!" lol
I woulda gotten rid of the fiance............ NOBODY gets between me and my vehicles......

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It's not. Canada rules. Except prices on everything is higher

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.