Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Beautiful truck I love rams, but with the mileage your kinda rolling into the danger zone. Especially for that generation of Rams.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Alot of those rams have had bad oil circulation. And some tranny probs, but do some research, check it out yourself, its a ****ing beautiful truck, I love rams but I would personally only buy a Cummins engined Ram. But I am also a diesel mechanic so i guess its cause im used to them.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I am reading on autobeef a lot of trans failures, otherwise it seems there aren't any major problems, some misc oil leaks and parts going out but there are quite a lot of people complaining about trans problems

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
There was a guy up here 2 monthes ago who was so pissed about all his tranny problems with his 99 Ram he sold it for 900.00 I Almost bought it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Low miles, high price. I only got $4800 for mine when it got totaled out 3 weeks ago. New motor and rebuilt tranny less than 25K ago. Ranchhand bumpers, all sorts of aftermarket parts. Spray in bed liner, etc.

The person wants the money that they spent on the rims back, ask them to sell without the rims.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Low miles, high price. I only got $4800 for mine when it got totaled out 3 weeks ago. New motor and rebuilt tranny less than 25K ago. Ranchhand bumpers, all sorts of aftermarket parts. Spray in bed liner, etc.

The person wants the money that they spent on the rims back, ask them to sell without the rims.
yeah I just checked the blue book on it is not even $7000 for an amazing condition one. I might offer him $5000 then go from there. I'm just worried about the transmission finn since I've been reading dodges have a lot of issues with them

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Its too bad Mopar couldn't have developed a newer tranny with the charecteristics of the TF 727's

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
definately test drive it and listen closely to how the motor runs when doing so.. my dad had one and we had to run mid grade gas in it otherwise the motor would tick for whatever reason (we dont know).. you also gotta watch with if it burns oil at all, which your not going to learn from a test drive.. n yea the trannys.. but the body looks amazing! i think you could find a better deal though personally, but maybe they are worth more in your neck of the woods idk

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The engine went and when the engine went if did something to the tranny also. I think some internals were going anyway. But I never had any of the issues that other people talked about. Was a bear for the rebuilder though, wouldnt work right til they changed out liek every sensor and box on it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.